We are sorry for the loss of your loved one. As the beneficiary, below is the list of documents you will need to provide to us to update the Estate information. We are happy to assist you in navigating this process. Please click here or call us at +1 (888) 583-7176 and we will set up a time with you to discuss your needs.
Below is a list of the documents that will be needed.
- A legible photocopy of the Death Certificate
- Documentation showing the beneficiaries of the estate, such as a copy of the Will or a Court order naming the beneficiaries
- A Letter of Testamentary to show that the Will has been probated and that there are no other claims on the estate or small estate affidavit (where required by state law)
- Universal Music Group requires a Letter of Direction authorizing us to pay the estate. The letter should include payee/account numbers (if possible), must reference the original recording/producer agreement with UMG (or UMG label). This letter is subject to the review and approval of UMG Business and Legal Affairs.
- A copy of the Marriage license (if applicable)
- Change of Address form (if applicable)
- Please fill out a new tax form: W9 Tax Form (including instructions)
- Please fill out a new banking form: ACH & Wire Authorization Form with instructions.
Please submit your forms via mail to us:
Universal Music Group
P. O. Box 4012
Woodland Hills, CA 91365
Attn: Royalty Services Team