SoundExchange is a performance-rights organization that collects and distributes royalties for digital service providers, such as Pandora, SiriusXM, and webcasters. The digital service providers are required by law to pay for streaming musical content. These royalties are paid by the services to SoundExchange, accompanied with playlists of all the recordings played by the service provider. For more information, including how to register, please visit SoundExchange.
MORE ARTICLES IN THIS SECTION
- When does Universal Music send 1099 forms?
- How to see if you’re owed royalties (Session Musicians)
- How do I order a certified plaque?
- What is SoundExchange?
- I want to use Universal's music in my project. What do I need to do?
- I would like to work for Universal Music. Who should I contact?
- How do I submit a demo to Universal Music Group?